There are no limits — only “constraints.”
Here’s the difference:
🛑 Limits represent external ceilings that you cannot get past or around
✅ Constraints are self-protective barriers that allow you to focus & advance along a predetermined path
I see a lot of guru-energy these days centered around things like “busting through” obstacles. Setting “revenue records” and blah blah blah.
I used to be one of them and honestly probably started the trend.
Here’s what I’ve found, being on the other side of it: they’re the wrong records.
Money is easy once you master a basic set of premises. Of my last 8 businesses, two have hit 7-figures, three hit 8-figures, and one I started 6 weeks ago is trending past 7 figures annually already.
I have equity partners all over the world.
It can appear from the outside that everything I touch turns to gold but that’s not true. What is true is that I am pre-determined, and focused
Money flows in the path of least resistance. It is only attracted to responsibility and value.
Using these 3 things together you can assume that one of the best and most basic ways to accrue/attract money is as follows:
1. Wall off every other path except the best & simplest one
2. Take as much mental responsibility as humanly possible
3. Deliver the most value as possible, inside of the constraints of #1
Sounds simple, right?
It is simple. But simple is actually quite difficult to achieve. With MDC & equity clients I am constantly DELETING variables.
People think they’re signing up to work with us to give them ideas and options (which we do, of course). ￼
But the real takeaways are actually the opposite: the elimination of 95% of the random “stuff” they’re trying to build and creating power and TORQUE around the remaining 5%.
The beauty of this ethos is that it’s fast. The simpler the safer…
It takes about 60-90 days to really lock in on the 5% and then all hands point to MOATS. Diversifying and bolstering your strategic edge in the chosen lane you want to own.
This next season will be your best yet.
Thanks, Taylor! This was such an insightful read (as always) especially re: taking mental responsibility. Huge.